- Brush sweet potatoes under running water with a vegetable brush.
- Cut into larger pieces and cook in salted water.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, leave to cool, remove the skins and mash with a fork.
- For the savory version: peel the onions and chop them very finely. Then sweat them in butter or oil.
- Fold the onions together with the curd cheese and the parsley into the sweet potato mixture.
- Leave to rest and season to taste with the spices.
- For the sweet version: fry the sesame and add to the sweet potato mash with the maple syrup.
- Serve with bread. The savory version can also be served as a dip with steamed Mediterranean vegetables or with raw vegetable sticks.
Preparation time: 40 minutes