1. Pierce the sweetpotatoes with a fork all around and bake at 220 °C top and bottom heat for 20-40 minutes, depending on size/thickness, until the flesh is very soft. Then allow to cool.
2. Scrape the flesh out of the shell with a spoon and mash finely.
3. Put it in a food processor with the spelt flour, sugar, salt, oil and yeast and add 120 ml of warm water. Now mix all the ingredients to a smooth dough. Since sweetpotatoes always contain different amounts of water, pay attention to the consistency of the dough. If it is very dry and firm, you can add a little more water. If it is very sticky, you can add a little flour.
4. Leave the dough to rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
6. After resting, knead the dough once by hand and divide it into 3 equal parts. Roll the 3 parts into 3 strands of about 30 cm and braid into a pigtail. Join the ends and fold them under the braid.