1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes. Cook in water for about 15 minutes until soft. Drain and puree.
2. Chop the chocolate coating. Divide the butter into pieces. Put both together with the vanilla pod in a bowl and melt in a bain marie (water bath). Allow to cool.
3. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs and sugar. Sieve the flour and stir in.
4. Grease small soufflé moulds (approx. 100 ml content) with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Pour in the mixture. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees (gas: level 2; fan oven: 160 degrees) for approx. 10 minutes.
5. Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly and cut them into thin slices with the skin on. Caramelize the sugar. Turn the slices in it. Serve them with the chocolate sweet potato fondant.
Preparation time: approx. 40 minutes