1. Dice butter. Mix with flour, ½ tsp salt and baking powder. Add 50 ml cold water. If the dough is too dry, add another tsp water. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and cool for about an hour.
2. In the meantime, wash, peel and dice sweet potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes in boiling salted water, then drain and let cool.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured surface in a round shape (ca. 32 cm Ø). Put the dough inside a greased, with flour sprinkled mold (ca. 25 cm Ø). Press the edges between your thumb and index finger so that you get nice edges. Fill the dough with baking paper. Fill in dried peas. Blind-bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 200 °C / convection oven: 175 °C / gas oven: see manufacturer’s instructions) for 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, blend sweet potatoes with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, 2 tsp salt, ginger, vanilla extract, pimento and eggs. Remove the dough from the oven. Remove baking paper and dried peas. Fill in the sweet potato puree and bake another 50 minutes at the same temperature. If needed, cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes. Take the pie out of the oven and let it cool.
5. Soak the gelatin in cold water. Heat up the cranberry juice in a small pot. Squeeze the gelatin into the hot juice. Add dried cranberries and spread on the top of the pie. Cool for 30 minutes. Garnish with powder sugar.
Preparation time: ca. 2 hours, waiting period ca. 2 1/2 hours